Are you an aspiring artist who loves hip-hop? MoPOP is proud to partner with Arts Corps and Grammy Award-winning duo Macklemore & Ryan Lewis to offer a four-week, summer intensive hip-hop artist residency focusing on creative songwriting, performance techniques, and beat production. All participants will record an EP of their original music at a professional studio, and put on a final performance in MoPOP’s Sky Church!
DEADLINE TO APPLY: MAY 30!
- When: Four weeks during the summer
- Who: Must be 16 years old and have some background in song composition, performance, or audio engineering. Must verify low-income status either through a free or reduced lunch voucher, proof of TANF or state assistance, or last two pay stubs.
- $600 stipend and complimentary bus tokens
- To learn more, visit: https://www.mopop.org/theresidency, and CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Interested in being mentored by experienced researchers and principal investigators at the Seattle Children’s Research Institute? The Underrepresented Minorities in Research Internship this summer you will have the opportunity to engage in basic, clinical, and/or translational research projects! Gain insight in the career pathways of biomedical and public health research and career and professional training sessions. The culmination of the program you will publish an article of your research project in a new Seattle Children’s Research Institute journal!
DEADLINE TO APPLY, MAY 31!
Who: Rising High School Senior and Graduating Seniors over 18 years of age
When: Summer 2019 │8-10 weeks
Where: Seattle Children's Hospital, 1900 9th Ave., Seattle, WA
Pay will be $17 an hour at 40 hours per week AND you’ll receive an ORCA card AND lunch stipend!
For more details, make sure to check out their website!
Are you interested in a career in environmental science? If you have enthusiasm for conservation, working with kids, playing outside and gaining leadership skills, this internship is for you! Assist Summer Camp Naturalists to plan and provide an exceptional day camp experience for youth. Each Summer Intern will be paired with a Summer Camp Naturalists and together will be responsible for a group of up to 12 campers. Interns will collaborate with their Naturalist to develop outdoor education skills and find their own role within each camp.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: JUNE 1!
- When: Session 1: July 1st - 26th - OR - Session 2: August 6th - 30th (May only participate in ONE session.) 4 weeks total:
- 2 weeks of training & professional development
- 2 weeks of working directly within summer camp
- Who: Must be 16 years old at the start of the internship and no older than 17 throughout internship
- $1,500 stipend and ORCA Card for transportation support
- To learn more check out the flyer for more information.
- To apply:
Interested in advocacy and wanting to be a part of a cohort of community leaders? The Civic Voices Fellowship with Fuse, Washington is designed for individuals to register and mobilize voters in underrepresented communities. This four-month program will carry out community and voter engagement in South King County. You will get to work with a community organization, a voter registration drive at a designated college campus, and conduct outreach in communities!
DEADLINE TO APPLY: JUNE 3!
Who: Youth ages 16 and up
When: Orientation & Curriculum TBD June│Fellowship July-November
Where: Various locations in South King County
Apply: By June 3rd, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org !
$750 stipend per month and reimbursement for transportation & food support
For more details, make sure to check out the flyer!
The Goodwill Youth Aerospace Program at Renton Technical College is a two-year program, which provides high school students with a smooth transition through their senior year toward a career in aerospace. The program helps build strong soft skills and connects students with future career opportunities in the aerospace/advanced manufacturing industry.
DEADLINE TO APPLY is JUNE 17!
- When: August 5-16, 2019 – or – August 19-30, 2019 (you should apply to the session that corresponds to their past coursework)
- Where: Renton Technical College
- Who: Must be current high school junior
- Two-year commitment to program – must attend an orientation and interview
- First Year-Summer Session: July 8 – August 30 2019, Mon. – Fri., 9 am–5 pm.
- First Year-School Session: September 2019 - June 2020, a minimum of two Saturdays per month.
- Second Year: Up to four quarters of aerospace/advanced manufacturing classes at Renton Technical College
- Stipend Eligible
- To Apply: E-mail resume and letter of interest to Monique Edwards, Youth Program Manager, email@example.com and include "YAP Applicant" in subject line.
Wetlands support our ecosystems by recycling nutrients and controlling water flow! Tilth Alliance needs you to support restoration of the wetlands this summer. In the Rainer Beach Youth Stewards paid opportunity, you will learn farm education and engage in team building activities.
DEADLINE TO APPLY is June 24!
Who: Youth ages 14-18 years old
When: July 9-August 16, 2019│Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 10am– 3pm
Where: Rainer Beach Urban Farm and Wetlands, 5513 S Cloverdale Street, Seattle, WA 98118
Apply: Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 206-633-0450 (Attn: Susan Gebretsadik) or dropped off or mailed to:
4649 Sunnyside Ave N, Suite 100
Seattle, WA 98103
Pay will be $15/hr and will receive checks bi-weekly!
Are you interested in exploring the world of digital photography? Youth in Focus has photography courses available in SUMMER 2019. You will get the opportunity to work closely with professional teaching artists that are all paid professionals in the field! Materials and supplies are provided, including a quality camera you can check out for the entire quarter.
Registration is NOW OPEN for Summer Quarter!
- When: Summer Quarter 2019: June 29th – August 9th
- Where: Youth in Focus
- Who: Youth ages 13-19
Are you interested in being a part of the advancement and development of mobile technology? With T-Mobile’s Senior Explorer High School internship, you will be a part of a team of technical warriors. You will work and be mentored by the Digital Technology team and contribute your ideas and imagination! Don’t miss the opportunity to learn from Software Development Engineers, Project Management / Product Management, Automation Systems Engineers and many more career sectors!
POSITIONS OPEN UNTIL FILLED!
- When: 8-week internship
- Where: 3650 131st Ave SE Ste 200│WA-Headquarters, Newport Tower
- Graduating High School in Spring of 2019*High School Diploma or GED*
- Planning to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field such as Computer Science, Information Technology, etc…
- You love learning and aren’t afraid to ask questions!
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Pre-employment background screening
- To Apply: https://tinyurl.com/yyh6533e
Rising Star Project offers students the chance to develop professional skills through the process of producing and performing a show on The 5th Avenue Theatre main stage. Beyond being entirely student-performed, the 2019 Rising Star Project production of West Side Story will be run by a student technical crew and supported by a team of students who have taken on roles in marketing, development, producing, creative, and casting. All participants are trained and mentored by dedicated professionals at The 5th Avenue Theatre.
Positions are OPEN until CLOSED!
- When: Start & End | Weekly hours/schedule if known
- Where: The 5th Avenue Theatre, 1308 Fifth Ave Seattle, WA 98101
- Who: Students ages 14-19
- Stipend Eligible
Seeking students for the following roles:
- Costume and Wardrobe
- Orchestra (strings, brass)