Highline High School
225 South 152nd Street Burien, WA 98148

Office Hours:

Monday-Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Highline High School
225 South 152nd Street Burien, WA 98148

You Are About To Leave the Highline High School Website

You are now leaving the Highline website and will be redirected to a third-party application or website. This site may have advertisements or other content not necessarily endorsed or approved by Highline Public Schools. 

Financial Aid

What is Financial Aid?

Financial Aid is any grant, scholarship, loan or paid employment offered to help a student meet his/her college expenses. Such aid is usually provided by various sources such as federal and state agencies, colleges, high schools, foundations and corporations.

To qualify for state or federal financial aid, students must file the FAFSA or WAFSA. Both applications are FREE!  

FAFSA Information

To apply for federal student aid, such as federal grants, work-study, and loans, you need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Completing and submitting the FAFSA is free and easier than ever, and it gives you access to the largest source of financial aid to pay for college or career school.

Here is what you need to complete the FAFSA Application:

  • Student social security number
  • Your parents' social security number
  • Your alien registration number (if you are a permanent resident)
  • Your parent's legal names and birth dates 
  • Month and year of your parents' marriage, separation, divorce or widowing
  • Parents' financial information: tax return, W-2's, savings and investment information or government assistance
  • Income information for student if they work
  • List of colleges applied for

FAFSA Application & More Information 

FSA ID Information

If you are filing the FAFSA, you can get your FSA ID now.  An FSA ID is a username and password that you must use to log in to certain U.S. Department of Education (ED) websites.

Your FSA ID identifies you as someone who has the right to access your own personal information on ED websites such as the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Your FSA ID is used to sign legally binding documents electronically. It has the same legal status as a written signature. Apply for your FSA ID

Both students and parents need a FSA ID. Be sure to keep your FSA ID  username and password in a safe place. 

You do not need an FSA ID for the WASFA.

WASFA Information

The Washington Application for State Financial Aid or WASFA is a free application for eligible non-citizens to apply for student financial aid in Washington State. Upon successful completion of a WASFA, the college(s) you choose will use the information you provide to determine your eligibility to receive Washington State financial aid, including State Need Grant, the College Bound Scholarship, or State Work Study.

WASFAApplication & More Information