Highline High School
615 S 200th St Des Moines, WA 98198

Office Hours:

Monday-Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Highline High School
615 S 200th St Des Moines, WA 98198


DREAMer Resources

What is HB 1079?

House Bill 1079 was signed in to law by Governor Gary Locke on May 7, 2003. HB 1079 allows eligible undocumented students to pay in state tuition for Washington State colleges and universities. Under Washington State law, students who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents can qualify for in state tuition if they meet the following guidelines: 

  1. Received a diploma from a Washington high school or the equivalent of a diploma in Washington State.
  2. Lived in Washington for at least three calendar years prior to receiving their diploma or its equivalent. 
  3. Continually resided in Washington since receiving the high school diploma or its equivalent.

College Enrollment

To enroll in a college or university in Washington, a student must go through the following steps: 

  1. Complete the admission and scholarship applications from the college or university the student plans to attend. 
  2. Fill out and sign the Affidavit. Copies of this form can also be found in the College & Career Center. 
  3. Submit the Affidavit to the college/university by the application deadline stated by the institution.

I am an HB 1079 student, can I receive Financial Aid?

Yes! An exciting new state law has expanded eligibility for the Washington State Need Grant to low-income, non- citizen students who meet the program’s eligibility and residency requirements. The Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA) will open on October 1. 

WASFA Eligibility and Application.